The Atlantic Film Festival Association is currently accepting applications for the position of Volunteer/External Relations Manager.
Employment: Full Time
Remuneration: $40,000.00 per annum
The Volunteer/External Relations Manager role is responsible for the management of all FIN Events including the Atlantic International Film Festival’s Volunteer Program. The External Relations aspect of the role acts as a key conduit to government and community relations and is responsible for all the Association’s grant writing.
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of the management team, this position's primary responsibility is managing the volunteer program, ensuring volunteer needs are assessed and met for all activities.
The Volunteer/External Relations Manager is also responsible for the writing of grant requests to numerous organizations across all the Association’s events.
In addition, the role ensures organizational effectiveness by raising public awareness and engaging existing and new audiences, throughout the region, of the FIN Organization and its various activities.
Working with the management team, the position assists with developing and implementing organizational strategies, policies and practices.
DIRECT REPORTS INCLUDE:
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage and plan for the associations’ volunteer needs and to ensure development of best standard of practice for the volunteer program. This will include:
o Training and supervision of volunteer coordinator
o Management for the delivery of all aspects of volunteer management cycle (recruitment, orientation and engagement) for all association activities.
Event Management/Program Delivery
- Support the outreach goals of the association, including the development of new initiatives and the support of existing initiatives.
- Actively participate in long-term planning, including developing initiatives to enhance community and audience engagement.
Research, Development and Outreach
- Identify and develop relationships with existing and potential FIN Atlantic International Film Festival audiences, focusing on the diverse communities reflected in our program content.
- Manage the association’s donations (give back) policy and delivery.
- Attend conferences, film festivals and other similar events as required to build relationships and use as case studies for future activities.
- Manage the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage the association’s government grant proposals, including but not limited to Arts Nova Scotia Operations Funding, HRM MLSER Signature Events
- Research funding opportunities in support of FIN
- Attend and contribute to all scheduled staff and management meetings.
- Attend and participate in support of the successful execution of all association activities.
- Report to and/or attend board of directors’ meetings as requested by the Executive Director.
- Perform and assist in other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
- Proven ability to manage groups of people across different skill sets while managing conflicting deadlines.
- Previous experience in grant writing would be a key asset.
- Proven ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position requires a flexible availability especially days leading up to and during festival week including evenings, weekends.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the FIN – Volunteer/External Relations Manager position, please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have “FIN Volunteer/External Relations Manager Application” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
No phone calls please.
The Atlantic Film Festival Association is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to everyone who submits an application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.